Am I required to accept emotional support animals?

Landlords as housing providers under the federal Fair Housing Act are required to provide reasonable accommodation to people with disabilities who require assistance animals. Emotional support animals are considered assistance animals under fair housing guidelines. Accordingly a landlord must grant reasonable accommodation to a tenant with an emotional support animal even if the landlord’s rental policies prohibit pets.

Comments are closed.